Re: info inconsistency about "Shell Commands in Dired"

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: info inconsistency about "Shell Commands in Dired"
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:35:45 -0500 (CDT)

I believe I misunderstood some remarks in `(elisp)Standard File Names'.

I thought I understood from it that MS-DOS uses `_' for extensions, but
after careful reading, it appears to use `_' for "invisible" files.

So maybe we should allow [ \t._] before the [?*] (to allow making
files invisible) and [ \t.] after the file.  Unless we want to go for
a more general solution.

Sincerely,

Luc.