Re: Commenting invisible text

From: Josef Urban
Subject: Re: Commenting invisible text
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 15:50:03 +0200 (CEST)

> > running 'comment-region on a block containing some invisible lines does
> > not comment the invisible lines. I get this behavior with Hide/Show and
> > also with other kinds of invisible text.
>
> Works for me,

Which Emacs version do you use? I have:
"GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
2004-08-03 on raven, modified by Debian",
but the bug was also reported on some earlier SuSE version.
Here is a test example:

(progn
  (find-file "foo.el")
  (insert "a\nb\n\c\n")
  (put-text-property (point-min) (point-max) 'invisible t)
  (comment-region (point-min) (point-max)))

the result is:
c;;

if the fourth line is commented, it is:

;; a