Re: C-c C-{l,r} in Enriched mode.

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: C-c C-{l,r} in Enriched mode.
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 19:57:51 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> While on the subject of keybindings, it seems that there are no rules
> for C-c followed by a _Meta_ character.  Are these just too
> inconvenient to worry about?

All major modes for inferior process based on comint such as shell
mode, the various interactive sql modes, ielm, etc. use at least one
such keybinding I've been using a lot:

C-c M-r runs the command comint-previous-matching-input-from-input

Eshell follows this convention:

C-c M-r runs the command eshell-previous-matching-input-from-input

Seems to me that these are reserved for the major mode...  Actually we
have global keybindings, we have a convention for major modes, and a
convention for users to put their bindings.  Do we have something like
that for minor modes as well?  I cannot remember.

Alex.
--
.O.  http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/
..O  Schroeder's fifth law: