encrypt.el (was: pop3.el itegration with netrc.el)

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: encrypt.el (was: pop3.el itegration with netrc.el)
Date: 15 Oct 2004 15:14:59 -0400

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004, address@hidden wrote:

> password.el and encrypt.el (tla, ...) are new in No Gnus.  So these
> files will not be considered now, I think.

encrypt.el should be general-purpose enough that it can be outside
Gnus itself.  I would like it to be part of Emacs, not just Gnus,
because encryption is important to users and Emacs doesn't come with
much built-in for handling encryption.  I'm attaching a copy, the same
(as of now) as the one in the Gnus CVS HEAD.  Can anyone comment on
the likelihood of inclusion in Emacs?

The current list of encryption methods is minimal but can be easily
expanded.  The API is IMHO more important.

Thanks
Ted