Re: default :initialize function

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: default :initialize function
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:24:55 -0400

I made a fix that prevents loading of fringe.el from overriding
any explicit settings of fringe properties in default-frame-alist.
Instead detects that the properties have been specified there,
and updates the value of fringe-mode to match them.

This is not totally clean.  fringe-mode really ought, I think,
to apply only to frames in which nothing else has been done
to individually set their properties.  However, there is no
existing mechanism which is natural for that, and I don't
think this is worth the trouble to implement one.

If other such problems are encountered, a variant of this approach
should do the job.