Re: Mac OS 9 support

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Mac OS 9 support
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:23:32 +0900

> If you want to be more confident that it does indeed work, compile
> with -DENABLE_CHECKING.  This should pretty quickly catch any
> problem.  I think it's not unexpected on RISC systems like PowerPC
> that DECL_ALIGN is not needed.

Actually, I used this in the early development stage.  It seems that
the default optimization option of MrC compiler is not compatible with
-DENABLE_CHECKING.  So those who want to use this should turn off the
optimization flags as I wrote in the patch for mac/inc/s-mac.h.

  MPW> make Emacs -f makefile.MPW -d OptOption="-opt off" > Emacs.MakeScript

>> - "#define GC_MARK_STACK GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS" also seems to work,
>> but not defined in the attached patch.

> It should work, and it's probably better (i.e. more robust) to
> define it.

Thanks for the comments.  As far as I tested, GC_MAKE_GCPROS_NOOPS
seems to work well with the default optimization option.  But it
crashes at the startup if used with "-opt off" option above for
unknown reasons.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden