Re: Suggestion on changes in etc/MORE.STUFF

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Suggestion on changes in etc/MORE.STUFF
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:20:26 +0100

On Sun, Nov 14 2004, CHENG Gao wrote:

> I think MORE.STUFF is some outdated. Many useful packages are not
> mentioned here. I suggest to make following changes:

I tend to agree on the following two packages which I use quite often:

> 3. Add emacs-w3m ( http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/ ), which is a very
>    useful package as I think
[...]
> 18. Add Boxquote ( http://www.davep.org/emacs/ )

(I don't have a strong opinion on the other suggestions.)

> 8. Add MH-E ( http://mh-e.sourceforge.net/ )

MH-E is already part of Emacs.  From etc/NEWS:

** MH-E changes.

Upgraded to MH-E version 7.82. There have been major changes since
version 5.0.2; see MH-E-NEWS for details.

> 12. Add Flymake ( http://flymake.sourceforge.net/ )

Ditto:

** The new package flymake.el does on-the-fly syntax checking of program
source files.  See the Flymake's Info manual for more details.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)