Re: compile-goto-error

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: compile-goto-error
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 16:57:41 +0200

Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
> When I'm looking at compile errors, I tend to visit the one I find most
> interesting first. The compilation window then places this error at the top of
> the window. If I now want to visit an earlier one, I have to page back down. I
> am guessing this behaviour was provided so that it was clear which error was
> the current one. Now that the overlay arrow points to the current error, at
> least on a graphics terminal, would it be possible not to move the window

(setq compilation-context-lines nil)

> (or possibly move the error to the centre of the compilation window)

(setq compilation-context-lines (/ (window-height) 2))

> so that the user can still see the other errors around the
> current one?

I don't like the current default value too.  But I'm not sure which
one would satisfy most users.  Any integer value other than 0 was
found to be too distracting.  Changing the default to `nil' would
require an additional check to make sure that fringe arrow is visible.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/