Re: The discussion about easy-menu

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: The discussion about easy-menu
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:51:15 -0500

          (easy-menu-change
            (if cvs-emacs
               '("file")
              '("files"))
            "Quick Print (to Windows Printer)"
            print-menu-spec "separator-window") ))

    Should it be like this? I think it would be nice if "files" worked in CVS
    Emacs too.

Making it the now-incorrect call "work" would be a kludge.
However, the kludge would do no great harm, if it first verifies
that there isn't really a menu bar menu named "files", and then
uses "file" instead.

However, we would want to do something to tell users to convert.
It should display a warning somehow.