Re: Using gpm in emacs

From: Stephan Stahl
Subject: Re: Using gpm in emacs
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:24:47 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

Nick Roberts said:

> Alessandro Rubini has also written a mode called t-mouse.el. This works with
> Emacs but provides incomplete support in 21.3.50 for a mouse in a text-only
> terminal.  My idea is to address those shortcomings.

You are right xt-mouse does not work correctly with cvs emacs.  I now remember
that i have send a mail regarding this to emacs-devel but got no answer.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-07/msg00527.html
Seems only few people need this :) and i have had no time so far to take a
closer look and find what is wrong.  I think the way mouse event are used was
changed and xt-mouse "just" needs to be adapted..

> I don't think this mode works on a text-only terminal. This file also says:
>
> ;; The xterm mouse escape codes are supposedly also supported by the
> ;; Linux console, but I have not been able to verify this.
>
> I can't see how this can work outside the context of X.

Well, right now all i can say is that i'm pretty sure i used xt-mouse with gpm
on the console and it worked..
--
Stephan Stahl