fileio.c "#if 0" block

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: fileio.c "#if 0" block
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:15:36 +0100

i'm doing some emacs-on-vms munging, and see a big "do not disturb"
block in fileio.c.  is that message supposed to be in absolute spirit,
or is it ok to touch that code in the name of maintenance?  i find it
irksome to wrap my head around vms quirks and then turn my back on code
as i apply the fruits of my learning elsewhere.  it is like painting
only the open spaces on the walls and ignoring the trimming, even though
the trimming is behind the curtains [insert week-long house-painting
ordeal story here...]

please cc me in reply; my list subscription is currently fubared.

thi