embedding Mozilla in GNU Emacs via GTK?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: embedding Mozilla in GNU Emacs via GTK?
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 15:15:27 -0500

I am curious if there's a chance GNU Emacs will ever have an embedded
web browser object through the Mozilla GTK support:

top-level docs:
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/gtk-embedding.html

specific embedding example:
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/embedding/browser/gtk/tests/TestGtkEmbed.cpp

I know about W3, w3m, and so on.  The question is specifically about
Mozilla.  If this can be done with little effort, as the embedding
docs referenced above suggest, I think the Emacs users would gain from
it.  I can't suggest all the possible uses (although previewing HTML
as Mozilla would see it is certainly one of them), but I think this is
a feature that could engender many new uses of Emacs and make many
existing packages more functional.

Thanks
Ted