Re: "Match whole word only" "Match case"

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: "Match whole word only" "Match case"
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:59:25 +0900

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:20:56 -0800 (PST), Tak Ota
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Many word processors and text editors I know have explicit options to
> opt for "Match case" and "Match whole word only" when searching and
> replacing text strings.

query-replace has a "words-only" mode if you use the C-u prefix.

Both searching and replacing automatically do case-matching if you use
any uppercase characters in the search string.  This is not sufficent
if you want to search/replace only _lowercase_ characters, and it
would be nice to have such an option, but I wonder if it could be
added without zillions of new commands?

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.