Re: RMAIL slows

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: RMAIL slows
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:44:40 +0000 (UTC)

   You said "deletion", but do you really mean "expunging"?
   It looks that way.

I meant using the `rmail-summary-delete-forward' which is bound to `d',
i.e., deleting, not expunging.

   ... Since you did not see it in ELP, it must be within a primitive
   written in C. . .. try running under GDB ...

The primitive that appears in the backtraces from the older instance,
but not the newer is

    re_match_2_internal

which is in emacs/src/regex.c.

I do not understand the function.  My impression is that the maximum
size of the match data store should be 30 items, but I do not know how
big each item could be or whether large items could slow my machine.

--
    Robert J. Chassell
    address@hidden                         GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8