Re: Refcard for Gnus in a single file?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Refcard for Gnus in a single file?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:02:36 +0200

On Wed, Jan 05 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:

> while discussing[1] the inclusion of the Gnus reference card in Emacs,
> Richard asked me if it is possible to replace the five LaTeX files[2]
> by a single file and create the different versions (Refcard, reference
> booklet for A4 and letter paper) depending on the options that are
> used to run LaTeX.  Say...
[...]

I have installed the single file version in the v5-10 branch of Gnus:

        * Makefile.in (gnus-booklet.dvi, gnus-booklet.pdf)
        (gnus-refcard.dvi, gnus-refcard.pdf): New targets replacing
        refcard.* and booklet.*.

        * gnus-refcard.tex: Merged from refcard.tex and gnusref.tex.
        Removed refcard.tex gnusref.tex booklet.tex bk-lt.tex bk-a4.tex.

        * gnus-logo.eps: Renamed from gnuslogo-booklet.eps.
        gnuslogo-refcard.eps: Removed.

Miles, if you find time to do it: These changes can be merged into the
Gnus trunk.  The files gnus-refcard.tex and gnus-logo.eps can be
installed in Emacs under etc/ (like the Emacs refcard:
etc/refcard.{tex,ps}).  Richard agreed to this, see [1] or [3].

> At this time I would install the merged LaTeX file in Gnus trunk only,
> because we need to wait for the assignment of Felix Natter before
> installing it in Emacs.

Felix Natter's assignment should be on file now, AFAIK.  He has
received this mail from copyright-clerk:
    Subject: [gnu.org #218639] Felix Natter assigns past and future
    changes to emacs and gnus

> [1] http://thread.gmane.org/v94qj8smcn.fsf%40marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de
> [2] booklet.tex bk-lt.tex bk-a4.tex refcard.tex gnusref.tex

[3] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/31562
    <address@hidden>

Bye, Reiner.
--