Re: Refcard for Gnus in a single file?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Refcard for Gnus in a single file?
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:52:41 +0200

On Wed, Mar 30 2005, Miles Bader wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>> The files gnus-refcard.tex and gnus-logo.eps can be
>> installed in Emacs under etc/ (like the Emacs refcard:
>> etc/refcard.{tex,ps}).  Richard agreed to this, see [1] or [3].
>
> What Makefile changes (if any) should be applied to the Emacs tree?

I'd suggest to only install gnus-refcard.tex and gnus-logo.eps now.

> Emacs currently doesn't seem to have any rules for other refcards in
> etc/Makefile, so perhaps it's just something for users to figure out.

The rules from texi/Makefile[.in] (Gnus) shouldn't be copied literally
to etc/Makefile (Emacs).  They'd need some adjustments and
simplifications if we want to have them in Emacs.  If rules for DVI,
PS and/or PDF output are desired, I can do it.  Should
gnus-refcard.{ps,pdf} be checked in (like refcard.ps)?

BTW, refcard.ps is the 1-column portrait version whereas "tex refcard"
creates 3-column landscape output.  I don't know if this is intended.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)