Re: More font-lock keywords for tcl.el

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: More font-lock keywords for tcl.el
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 15:36:56 -0500

>> Well, your patch distinguishes between tcl-keyword-list and
>> tcl-builtin-list, so is `namespace' more like `append' or more like
>> `if'? To me it feels more like an `if', in that it seems to be part
>> of the syntax rather than one of a set of builtin functions.
> It seems it can be used in a similar fashion to "proc", eg
>    namespace eval foo {
>       ... do stuff ...
>    }
> or like a simple command:
>    namespace import foo::*
> so IMO it could be either a builtin or keyword. I slightly prefer the
> former, but don't have an especially strong opinion.

I have no opinion at all, I was just asking because it seemed odd.
As mentioned originally, feel free to install whatever you feel is right.

> ii) be highlighted in some other face. keyword or builtin (?) seem to be
> the only non-obviously-wrong faces left.

There's no reason to restrict oneself to font-lock*-face faces.
It might be better to use `defface' to create a new face (which could just
inherit from font-lock-warning-face) so users who feel that \ shouldn't be
so "in your face" can change it without changing font-lock-warning-face.

        Stefan