Re: require inside functions.

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: require inside functions.
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 09:12:22 +0900

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:
>> (require 'ft) only loads a file if 'ft is not in features.  However,
>> it unconditionally adds '(require . ft) to current-load-list.  If you
>> call a function with require a million times, this eats up 16 MB of
>> memory.
>
> The problem seems to be that current-load-list is never truncated.
> But I don't quite understand what current-load-list is good for
> (outside the byte compiler).

I don't understand it either, but ... if require doesn't actually load
the file, surely nothing at all should be added to `current-load-list'?

This seems like an out-and-out bug [and I notice my `current-load-list'
is also filled up entirely with largely redundant (require . xxx) entries.]

-Miles
--
Next to fried food, the South has suffered most from oratory.
                        -- Walter Hines Page