Re: Unclear in etc/NEWS

From: Daniel Brockman
Subject: Re: Unclear in etc/NEWS
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 04:08:55 +0200

>     Many mouse wheels also function as mouse-2, by pressing
>     them. It is all too easy to accidentally press the wheel while
>     you rotate it. This fix presumably ignores mouse-2 clicks
>     interspersed with wheel rotations.
>
> Does anyone know if that is what it really does?

I don't have a mouse, but this is what the docstrings say:

mouse-wheel-click-event's value is mouse-2

Event that should be temporarily inhibited after mouse scrolling.
The mouse wheel is typically on the mouse-2 button, so it may easily
happen that text is accidentially yanked into the buffer when
scrolling with the mouse wheel.  To prevent that, this variable can be
set to the event sent when clicking on the mouse wheel button.

mouse-wheel-inhibit-click-time's value is 0.35

Time in seconds to inhibit clicking on mouse wheel button after scroll.

--
Daniel Brockman <address@hidden>