Re: foreground menu bug

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: foreground menu bug
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:51:35 +0200

Mathias Dahl <address@hidden> writes:

> Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> [emacs CVS 2005-06-12 with GTK]
>>
>> If I mark a text region and select the menu entry
>>
>>   Edit->Text Properties->Foreground Color->Other...
>>
>> I can select a colour (say, red) and everything is fine.
>>
>> After doing that, the colour `red' is added to the last submenu so
>> that it can be accessed as
>>
>>   Edit->Text Properties->Foreground Color->red
>>
>> Doing this on another region, it is *not* coloured.
>>
>> IMHO, this is a bug.
>
> I tested this the other day too and was confuzzled (confused +
> puzzled). After a while I realized that it had to do woth
> font-lock-mode overriding my coloring.
>
> I don't think that this is a bug, but I'm not sure. It certainly is
> puzzling for some users though.

I think you and Werner are talking about different things.  You talk
about Font Lock mode overriding the text properties you set manually.
Werner's problem happens even when Font Lock mode is off.  The "red"
menu entry (that is created automatically when you set the foreground
text property once) simply doesn't work.  That's a bug.

Lute.