Re: Shift Tab should move backward in help buffers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Shift Tab should move backward in help buffers
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 19:00:39 +0900

On 6/27/05, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:
> We'd have to check the
> codebase for S-tab bindings and change them to bind backtab instead to
> maintain consistency.

Yes, but I think we'd have to do that anyway -- the current state of
things is sort of ridiculous.

I definitely vote for centralizing the mappings and standardizing on
<backtab> for the various mode-specific keymaps.

[I'm not even sure that maintaining a default aliasing of S-TAB -> TAB
is very important -- this feature is handy for the alphabetic keys for
several reasons, but I don't think it matters very much for keys like
TAB.]

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.