Re: Darwin support for lisp/battery.el.

From: Lute Kamstra
Subject: Re: Darwin support for lisp/battery.el.
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:33:39 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Lute Kamstra <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Currently, lisp/battery.el supports only Linux.  I've added support
>> for Darwin.  See the patch below.  Is it ok to install this now, or
>> should I wait until after the release?
>
> Can you get a tester base for most of the systems that would be
> affected by this code?  Does this code do anything if the mode is
> not explicitly enabled?

The systems that are affected by this change are those whose
`system-type' is equal to darwin (and that have the "pmset" program
available).  What changes for the users of those systems is that they
will be able to use display-battery-mode when they choose to do so.
(That mode just didn't do anything for them previously.)
display-battery-mode is not enabled by default.

I don't use Darwin so I couldn't really test the code myself.  Samuel
Lauber was so kind to do that for me.  I think there are quite some
people with laptops running OS X and using CVS Emacs.  So I guess that
the code will get some decent testing when it is committed now.

Lute.