Re: Code inspection: W32 specific problems

From: David Hunter
Subject: Re: Code inspection: W32 specific problems
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 21:02:45 -0400

Kim F. Storm wrote:
Qw32_charset_default was declared in w32term.c rev 1.62 in early
2000, but was not defined there either.  It is potentially used by
several codepaths, notably in enum_font_cb2().  The related symbol
'w32-charset-default' also exists in documentation.  It should be
defined.

What about its initial value?
Is it always set from lisp before first usage?

Hmm, I think I might have used the wrong terms to describe the issue.  My grip
on eLisp is not yet that strong (and probably never will be :) ).

Qw32_charset_default should just be a C pointer to a Lisp symbol whose name
should be 'w32-charset-default'.  Note that it is used only as a symbol and not
evaulated as a variable; its value is void.  It should simply be interned, so
that the C variable Qw32_charset_default will be equivalent (by the EQ macro)
to the Lisp symbol 'w32-charset-default'.

For reference, examine the relationship between the C variable
Qw32_charset_ansi and the Lisp symbol 'w32-charset-ansi', established at
w32fns.c:8794.

-Dave