Shall we use etc/images more?

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Shall we use etc/images more?
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 19:37:03 -0700

In MH-E, I think I'd like to reference images in etc/images/mail and,
say, etc/images/common, instead of lisp/mail and lisp/toolbar.

I only see gnus and smilies directories in there now. Is the intent to
someday move the images to etc/images? I recall Miles saying he thought
that Gnus was a good example to follow.

If so, what do people think of me checking in copies of the images in
lisp/mail into etc/images/mail and the images in lisp/toolbar into
etc/images/common (or nominate your favorite). I'll update MH-E to
reference the new location (if necessary). When the others files have
been modified (if necessary) to reference the new location, then the
images in the old locations can be removed.

I'm open to suggestions and concerns. Since I'm making changes to the
MH-E distribution now in preparation of using the Emacs repository
instead of the SourceForge repository (finally!), now would be a good
time to make these sorts of changes.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD