send-mail-function: different default on Win/OSX

From: David Reitter
Subject: send-mail-function: different default on Win/OSX
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 11:16:52 +0100

With the current defaults, Emacs is unable to successfully send off a bug report (or any other mail) out-of-the box on Mac OS X, and I suspect it won't work on Windows either. The reason is the default for send-mail-function, which is changed on these systems with the following patch.

(Richard, I sent you an earlier version on August 14, which hasn't been checked in.)