RE: File modes facilities.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: File modes facilities.
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:45:50 -0700

    >     load-library seems to handle both load-path names and
    >     explicitly-specified pathnames. [The completion help is kind
    >     of screwy though -- tons of duplicate entries are show]
    >
    > It looks like they complete differently: `load-library'
    > completes libraries (as Richard said), wrt your load-path;
    > `load-file' completes file names, wrt the default-directory.

    load-library completes both (simultaneously).  Try it.

I did try it. But maybe we're talking about different things. (And I don't
know what you mean by "simultaneously" completing both.)

Go to a directory that is not in your load-path. M-x load-library will not
complete the name of an Emacs-Lisp file in that directory - at least it
doesn't for me. M-x load-file will complete its name - at least it does for
me. I'm using a CVS snapshot from July, if that makes a difference (I quoted
the code).

I still see two different kinds of completion: one wrt your load-path, the
other wrt the default-directory. And that's what I read in the code, too.

But it's late here - perhaps I'm missing something you're saying because I'm
tired; I'm not _trying_ to be obtuse.