Re: flyspell bug

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: flyspell bug
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:41:02 +0000 (UTC)

Slawomir Nowaczyk writes:

> Piet van Oostrum wrote:
>
> #> I found that I used my own code rather than the CVS code. I forgot a part
> #> of my patch. Here is the rest.
>
> Thanks, it works much better now. However, I still have occasional
> problems with flyspell, mainly when using Local-Words... for example,
> run flyspell-buffer in this buffer.

[Note: tests below with only the flyspell-external-point-words function
changed, but with the rest of flyspell.el that of emacs 21.4]

Strange, seems to work for me with that buffer. But I am also getting
ocasional problems. They seem to be really obscure, e.g. in the file containing

------------------------------ snip ------------------------------------
<!DOCTYPE linuxdoc SYSTEM>
  <article>
      <title>A dummy text file</title>
      <author>Anonymous
      <date> today

      <abstract>
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
        text text text text text text text text text
      </abstract>
</article>

Local Variables:
ispell-local-dictionary: "american"
End:

if I run flyspell-buffer in sgml-mode (psgml) I get

flyspell-external-point-words:
Bug: misspelled word `DOCTYPE' (output pos 9) not found in buffer

but the funny thing is that if I do it in text mode seems to work as
expected with no error message.

Also, in sgml mode, if I remove one of the "text" lines, I get no error message
at all, but mispelling marks appear over some of the 'text' strings, but not on
others.