The new "pp" command in gud is no longer so dangerous...

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: The new "pp" command in gud is no longer so dangerous...
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:03:30 +1300

...but living on the edge is half the fun!

 > Also, I have added new commands to print the value of lisp variables,
 > e.g.
 >         pv debug-on-error
 >
 > There is also a command pv1 which could be used as the command
 > to execute when user presses the "pp" toolbar button over a symbol
 > in a *.el file.  Someone wants to work on that?

How would that work?  The variable tool-bar-map is set locally in
gud-minor-mode so, as soon as you place the cursor in a buffer where
gud-minor-mode is nil e.g on an expression in a lisp file, the tool bar
reverts to the global one.

I could define it using gud-def so that it has a global binding e.g.

  (gud-def gud-pv "pv1 %e" "\C-v" "Print the value of the lisp variable.")

so that it's on C-x C-a C-v.  Is that any good?

Nick