Re: list-matching-lines is alias for occur

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: list-matching-lines is alias for occur
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:49:34 -0500

    There's no hurry for the decision about the name, but the current
    transitional state makes it difficult for users to customize this feature:
    the command is know primarily under the name "occur", but user options
    have a different prefix.  After my patch installed, users will be able to
    find these options under both names.  And the decision about obsoleting
    one of them could be postponed.

That would be moving in the opposite direction to that which
I decided on years ago.  I don't want to do that unless
I make a decision to abandon the ultimate goal of that change.

Perhaps that would be a good idea, but I don't want to think
about it now.