Re: Bug in file name completion

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Bug in file name completion
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:10:06 +0900

2005/11/17, Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>:
> Reading the thread it seems to me that everyone liked Miles suggestion:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-01/msg00093.html
>
> However a better name for the function were needed according to Richard.
> Maybe string-match-any?

"string-match-pattern"?

"string-match-list"?

[The term "pattern" may already be taken though:  In the recent
changes to apropos, Richard used the term "pattern" to refer to the
new "regexp if it's a string, list of constant strings-to-match if
it's a list" datatype.

The two concepts aren't really incompatible; maybe they could even be
unified, but that's arguably forcing things too much.]

-miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.