Re: log-view documentation

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: log-view documentation
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:57:31 -0500

    I would guess he has looked at other lists in the manual.  The above style
is
    currently used for vc-annotate (Node: Old Versions).

If vc-annotate is inconsistent with the rest of the manual,
I think that needs to be fixed.  We should clean up inconcistency
that serves no particular purpose, not extend it.

Here I have put that table into our usual format.
I have also tried clearing up certain descriptions
whose meaning I was not certain of.  I am partly guessing
(since I don't use this feature), so if any of this is wrong,
could someone tell me?

@table @kbd
@item P
Annotate the previous revision, that is to say, the revision before
the one currently annotated.  A numeric prefix argument is a repeat
count, so @kbd{C-u 10 P} would take you back 10 revisions.

@item N
Annotate the next revision---the one after the revision currently
annotated.  A numeric prefix argument is a repeat count.

@item J
Annotate the revision indicated by the current line.

@item A
Annotate the revision before the one indicated by the current line.
This is useful to see the state the file was in before the change on
the current line was made.

@item D
Display the diff between the revision indicated the current line line
and the revision before it.  This is useful to see what actually
changed when the revision indicated by the current line was committed.

@item L
Show the log of the current line's revision.  This is useful to see
the author's description of the changes in the revision on the current
line.

@item W
Annotate the workfile version--the one you are editing.  If you used
@kbd{P} and @kbd{N} to browse to other revisions, use this key to
return to the latest version.
@end table