Re: log-view documentation

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: log-view documentation
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 12:08:34 +0200

> Here's my current version of documentation for the log-view commands for
> inclusion in the Emacs manual.  A "context" patch is attached.
>
> [...]
>
> @item p
> Move to the previous revision of the file.  A numeric prefix argument
> is a repeat count, so @kbd{C-u 10 p} would move backward 10 revisions.
>
> @item n
> Move to the next revision of the file.  A numeric prefix argument
> is a repeat count.
>
> @item d
> Display the diff (@pxref{Comparing Files}) between the revision
> indicated at the current line and the revision before it.  This is
> useful to see what actually changed when the revision indicated on the
> current line was committed.

You could mention also how it works if there is the active mark in
the log-view buffer.  Please see the final version of the docstring for
log-view-diff in

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-pretest-bug/2005-12/msg00066.html

Also in the same thread Richard pointed out that actually `n' moves
to the the previous revision, and `p' moves to the next revision,
and not vice versa.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/