Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: menu-bar: disable items when no frame visible
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:03:09 +0200

> This cannot be fixed in a platform-independent manner.  Each window
> system and each toolkit (more accurately, each version of the menu
> support C code) needs to find its own solution.  Currently, AFAIK,
> there's a known problem with non-toolkit X build and perhaps with one
> of the Mac builds (I'm not sure which one exactly, but I think you can
> find it out by reading previous messages in this thread.)

This problem exists not only on non-toolkit X builds, but also
for toolbars and pop-up menus of all X toolkits, and perhaps also
on Mac and Windows.  Could you try to evaluate on Windows

  (define-key global-map [down-mouse-3] menu-bar-file-menu)

and to click [mouse-3] on a buffer.  Do you see "Save As..." disabled?
If yes, then this problem also affects Windows.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/