Re: address@hidden: RE: weird defadvice bug with byte-compilation]

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: RE: weird defadvice bug with byte-compilation]
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 20:51:15 -0500

    > This means the stack is corrupted.  We need to find out why and how,
    > because that could be the most important bug.

    No, the stack is not corrupted.  The problem is that latest versions
    of GDB modified their way of analyzing function prologues, and that
    caused major regressions in stack backtraces on x86, especially with
    latest versions of GCC.  That has been discussed extensively on the
    GDB mailing list during the last year.

    GDB 6.4 is supposed to improve on that, but I don't yet have its
    Windows port.

In that case, with a breakpoint at x_y_to_hpos_vpos
do you see more stack trace info?