Re: GtkPlug patch

From: Timo Savola
Subject: Re: GtkPlug patch
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:18:44 +0200

>     > Does anyone know what we need to do
>     > to make the Xt versions of Emacs handle XEmbed?
>
>     Since Emacs has its own event loop, the implementation for non-Xt (i.e.
> pure
>     Xlib) would be the same as for Xt.  Like the drop part of drag and drop
> is now.
>
> So much the better--but still, does someone know how to make the event loop
> handle these?

I guess I could take a look at it unless someone more familiar with the
Emacs X code (or the existing XEmbed implementations in GTK+ or Qt) is
willing to.

Is there a chance of getting the GTK version into Emacs 22?

timo

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus

###  OXFORD INSTRUMENTS   http://www.oxford-instruments.com/  ###

Unless stated above to be non-confidential, this E-mail and any
attachments are private and confidential and are for the addressee
only and may not be used, copied or disclosed save to the addressee.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify us upon receipt
and delete it from your records. Internet communications are not secure
and Oxford Instruments is not responsible for their abuse by third
parties nor for any alteration or corruption in transmission.