Re: GtkPlug patch

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: GtkPlug patch
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:34:27 +0100

But if the author is willing to handle those bug reports, we can put
this patch in now.  It is a very small change, and very safe in that
it does not alter the normal code path unless you use --parent-id.

I wonder if this is the case with the emacs-parent-fix.patch.  I don't
understand what the code was trying to do, unless it was simply buggy.

It is a leftover from older versions. The line your patch removes was the original line. When the test for explicit parent was added, that line was not removed. x_create_tip_frame also has two assignments to parent_desc.

        Jan D.