RE: directory-listing-before-filename-regexp

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: directory-listing-before-filename-regexp
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2006 07:41:19 -0800

        I don't think we can simply defvaralias in this case, since
        directory-listing-before-filename-regexp is not used the same as
        dired-move-to-filename-regexp was.

    The doc strings say they have the same meaning.  So if they do not
    in fact have the same meaning, one of the doc strings must be wrong.

    Is the current variable's doc string wrong?

Someone more familiar with this may correct me, but I think they are the
same thing within Dired.

I believe that the change was to add this elsewhere as well, and that change
alone (even if the behavior elsewhere was similar) makes them different
(different contexts).