Re: ./make-dist for unicode branch

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: ./make-dist for unicode branch
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 13:50:52 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Emfox Zhou <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm sorry to tell that the same error as my last letter occurred.
> Here the command what EXACTLY I used:
> =======
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs \
>     co -r emacs-unicode-2 -P emacs
> cd emacs
> ./make-dist --snapshot
> tar xzf emacs-23.0.0.tar.gz
> cd emacs-23.0.0/
> ./configure
> make bootstrap
> =======

Ah!  I found what is wrong.  The files
lisp/international/charprop.el and
lisp/international/uni-*.el are generated by "make
bootstrap" if there exists "admin" subdir.  But, as they
don't exist in CVS, your tarball doesn't contain them (nor
'admin' subdir).

I vaguely remember that I have committed all those files
once.  I don't know why they don't exist in CVS now.  I may
have deleted them by myself for some reason (I don't
remember well). :-( Anyway, I've just committed them.  Could
you please try again?

By the way, is it the right thing to run 'make-dist
--snapshot' without building Emacs once in that directory?
The resulting tarball may not contain *.elc.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden