Re: better "pr" with gdb-6.4

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: better "pr" with gdb-6.4
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 18:52:12 +0900

2006/2/7, Kim F. Storm <address@hidden>:
> > I have a couple of other functions that just work when the selected frame is
> > Ffuncall, for printing all the argument names.  Are they generally useful?
>
> Seems useful, but why have to functions which does the same thing?

FWIW, I find the current emacs debug macros quite hard to remember in
all their subtle variation.  It would be nice to have the "main"
macros like pr and xbacktrace work intuitively in more cases (which I
think includes accepting an argument for pr -- everytime I debug emacs
after a long absence, I seem to try giving pr an argument a few times
before I remember how it works... :-), and deprecate the older less
flexible ones (they can be kept around for people with ancient
versions of gdb).

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.