Flyspell-region bug

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Flyspell-region bug
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:53:14 +0100

Hello,

I think there is a small problem in flyspell.el. If you evaluate the
following two expressions in this buffer:

(setq flyspell-large-region 1)
(flyspell-buffer)

Washington washington

the uncapitalised version is not marked as misspelled -- while it
should be. The following patch corrects the immediate problem:

*** c:/Emacs/lisp/textmodes/flyspell.el Tue Feb  7 17:21:31 2006
--- c:/temp/buffer-content-476I-k       Wed Feb 22 13:37:31 2006
***************
*** 1322,1328 ****
  The buffer to mark them in is `flyspell-large-region-buffer'."
    (let (words-not-found
        (ispell-otherchars (ispell-get-otherchars))
!       (buffer-scan-pos flyspell-large-region-beg))
      (with-current-buffer flyspell-external-ispell-buffer
        (goto-char (point-min))
        ;; Loop over incorrect words, in the order they were reported,
--- 1322,1329 ----
  The buffer to mark them in is `flyspell-large-region-buffer'."
    (let (words-not-found
        (ispell-otherchars (ispell-get-otherchars))
!       (buffer-scan-pos flyspell-large-region-beg)
!       (case-fold-search nil))
      (with-current-buffer flyspell-external-ispell-buffer
        (goto-char (point-min))
        ;; Loop over incorrect words, in the order they were reported,

Nevertheless, I find it somewhat disturbing that flyspell *did not*
complain but silently decided to ignore the misspelling ispell
reported...

Wouldn't it be better to at least show a message when this happens?

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

UNIX is a clever beast: