Re: Flyspell-region bug

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Flyspell-region bug
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:50:13 +0100

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:44:41 +0100
Agustin Martin <address@hidden> wrote:

#> > Nevertheless, I find it somewhat disturbing that flyspell *did not*
#> > complain but silently decided to ignore the misspelling ispell
#> > reported...
#>
#> Note that flyspell found it, but with the wrong case.

Well, it didn't really find it... it found the word but decided it is
*not* a misspelling, despite the fact that ispell said it is.

I do not know if this is supposed to be a good thing in any normal
situation. I am far from flyspell expert, so there may be some cases
where it makes sense that I don't know of, but it seems to me that
something is not right if ispell reports a word and flyspell-word
doesn't mark it as a misspelling.

#> > Wouldn't it be better to at least show a message when this happens?
#>
#> In this case no message would have been issued since misspelling was
#> (wrongly) found, so words-not-found should be finally empty.

Well, I think I would like a message in this case as well: namely when
ispell reports a misspelling, the word is found, but flyspell-word
(the one in line 1387 of flyspell.el) doesn't mark it.

*To me*, it seems to indicate a likely problem. In what situation
would something like this not be a bug?

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Vuja De - the feeling you'll be here again later.