RE: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: key to yank text at point into minibuffer?
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:36:43 -0800

    > Meta-anyway: It sounds like you and I, Juri, think similarly
    > about this general idea, but no one else has spoken up about it.
    > Perhaps that's because people are concentrating on putting out
    > the release (that would be good). Or perhaps it's because
    > everyone agrees with the idea (also good). Or perhaps
    > we (like the answer, my friend) are blowin' in the wind.

    I am following this discussion with some interest because I like ideas
    like this in general, but I think that as long as I don't see an every
    day use case for this myself I won't involve myself in it.

Fair enough, Mathias. Thanks for weighing in.

IIRC, you've also mentioned in the past that you don't have much need for
the functionality of ffap.el, because you don't often have a buffer with
names of files that you might like to visit. If that's the case, it might
also explain why this proposal wouldn't sound too useful to you.