Re: Editing .odt in emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Editing .odt in emacs
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 16:18:25 +0200

> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:35:39 +0200 (IST)
> From: Alexander Klimov <address@hidden>
>
> I edit open document file saved in OpenOffice in emacs (cvs version).
> BTW, .odt is zipped XML, actually.
>
> The first problem is that after I have executed
>
>  (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.odt$" .  archive-mode))
>
> I got the following:
>
>  Parsing archive file...
>  File mode specification error: (args-out-of-range 1866753 1866757)
>
> OTOH if I rename test.odt -> test.zip I can open it and start to edit
> content.xml in SGML (indicated as XML) mode.

Can you set debug-on-error non-nil and post the full backtrace when
the above error happens?

If you can, given the backtrace, figure out what part of arc-mode.el
needs to be changed, please tell what you found.  Failing that, please
post here a small .odt file that can be used to reproduce and debug
this problem.