Re: Emacs crashes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs crashes
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:21:11 -0500

    If it seems likely that the X error handler changes are at fault, I
    can revert them.  I have a pretty good idea how to fix the crashes
    they were originally meant to address in a different, less intrusive
    way (the idea is to make those functions that call x_catch_errors in a
    signal handler instead call XSetErrorHandler to install a temporary
    "ignore all errors" handler.)

It is worth a try, to see if this solves the problem.