Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of Emacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Coverity Open Source Defect Scan of Emacs
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 12:06:36 +0100

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
For example, what sort of bugs does your product find,
IIRC, the most notable bugs found by the Stanford project that I assume this is based on were in the MS Windows port, where malformed system messages could theoretically be used to make Emacs do things it shouldn't. This was not a remote exploit, and would not give the attacker any privileges it did not already have as far as I could tell.