Additional safe-local-variables (was: turn off safe-local-variable-value

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Additional safe-local-variables (was: turn off safe-local-variable-values checking)
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 17:40:23 +0200

On Thu, Apr 06 2006, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     Interesting.  I'd have to disagree: put it/them in the minor mode's file,
>     but with an ;;;###autoload cookie.
>
> That seems like a good method to achieve the goal
> (which is that the property should always be there).
> Would you please edit the comment?
>
>     I think it's important to put those safe-local-variable properties at the
>     same spot as where the variable is declared.
>
> I agree, that will be better for maintenance, in case a change in the meaning
> of the variable calls for a change in the property.

I've done that for the new variable I've suggested and for some other
variable (I didn't have time to process all of the list), e.g.:

;;;###autoload(put 'paragraph-separate 'safe-local-variable 'stringp)

`page-delimiter' and `paragraph-start' were marked with string-or-null
whereas the custom type doesn't allow nil.  I used stringp then.  Feel
free to adjust the autoloads or the defcustoms.

Maybe it would make sense to introduce `string-or-null-p' to avoid
using (lambda (a) (or (stringp a) (null a))) in the autoloads.

BTW, wouldn't it be possible to integrate the safe-local-variable
properties into defcustom?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,