Re: Last steps for pretesting (font-lock-extend-region-function)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Last steps for pretesting (font-lock-extend-region-function)
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:22:31 +0900

Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:
>>Actually no: as I've shown with my sample alternative solution, it would
>>only force you to make you life simpler.
>
> You have shown nothing of the kind.  You're in no better position to
> decide what is objectively simpler than I am, since neither of is is
> unbiassed in this debate.  I'm in a better position than you to know what
> makes MY life simpler.  Please respect that.

I gotta say -- I know nothing about the subject, but as far as the code
posted, Stefan's looks a _lot_ simpler.  More specifically, I get the
sense I could figure out what Stefan's code is doing by reading the docs
a bit, whereas the corresponding code from Alan seems impenetrable.

Maybe that doesn't matter to you Alan, because you're immersed in your
current solution, but I think it would be good to think about future
maintainers too.

-Miles
--
We are all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
-Oscar Wilde