Re: font-lock-extend-region-function: Final refinements.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: font-lock-extend-region-function: Final refinements.
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:55:21 -0400

> It has been apparent for some time that the current mechanism for calling
> font-lock-extend-region-function[*] from the two font-lock after-change
> functions is incomplete - it needs to be supplemented by callng the
> function from jit-lock-fontify-now and font-lock-default-fontify-region.

> Here is a patch which does precisely this.  I will install it if nobody
> sees any problems with it.

Since it depends on Richard's response to our query, I'd recomend you wait
(just like I'm waiting to remove/move the after-change-function part).

Also please don't add the jit-lock-fontify-now part, since I think it's not
the right approach to solve this problem and it's not needed for correctness.

        Stefan