Re: Simplification to mouse-avoidance-mode (patch) + redisplay bug?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Simplification to mouse-avoidance-mode (patch) + redisplay bug?
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 17:37:26 -0400

If you think your patch is correct, would you please install it?

    I notice that the final cursor shape often gets it wrong if I set the
    style to "cat-and-mouse", it seems to happen if the cursor passes over
    an area (eg. void or a mode line) along the chosen path.  That looks
    like a redisplay bug.

You're the expert on redisplay--could you debug it (and ack)?