Re: Bug in Custom apparently due to Custom Themes.

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Bug in Custom apparently due to Custom Themes.
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 22:21:42 -0500 (CDT)

   > 2005-12-23  Chong Yidong  <address@hidden>

   >    (custom-variable-state-set, custom-face-state-set):
   >    Check theme-value instead of saved-value.

   I believe this code is correct.  I made a fix elsewhere.

Your change indeed fixed the bug I reported.  But the code I
referenced does not seem correct anyway.  I first found the bug I
reported.  Then I edebugged my way to code that seemed to have obvious
problems.  I incorrectly guessed that these problems were responsible
for the bug I was investigating.  But they do produce other bugs, of
which I will now give an example.

Start Emacs, assuming that fill-column is at its standard value of 70
and do

M-: (setq-default fill-column 71)

`M-x customize-option fill-column RET'

Edit to 72 and set for current session, using the State Menu.

Then choose "Erase Customization" from the State Menu.

The value should now be 70 and the State STANDARD.

Instead, the value is 71 and we see:

CHANGED outside Customize; operating on it here may be unreliable.

Sincerely,

Luc.